All these Molly Green magazines and much more are available for free in our members area.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly’s 3 R’s: Rested, Relaxed, and Ready to Celebrate!
Molly and friends provide better ways to head into Christmas and New Year’s!
Now that Thanksgiving is checked off your list, the month of December—with New Year’s on its tail—will come and go more smoothly and be fully enjoyed when you follow the advice of all the contributors of Molly’s December magazine.
Take time to read it and you’ll have more time to rest by turning time-wasters into time-savers; you’ll discover that it’s possible to relax amid the hustle and bustle while pampering yourself; and you’ll be ready for the holidays with an uncluttered home, printables for planning, and homemade gifts and crafts for giving and decorating. Molly’s three “R” words may not be the same as the ones that we use when we teach our children (reading, ‘riting, and ‘rithmetic) but they are important just the same—especially to busy moms. Enjoy opening the Christmas presents Molly has hidden inside our last issue of the year . . .
- Find out when to wear brown shoes and which day you should display a poinsettia with Alayna Cann calendar notes. Oh, and there’s some important safety items to check on this month.
- Get ready for the compliments when you bake a pie with perfect crust and why pie is for heroes – complements of Patricia Hunter.
- Become a thrifty thinker with Rhonda Barfield – there’s more than one way to save time and money.
- Meet a miracle meal maker through Inger Koppenhaver as she introduces you to the author of a new cookbook—recipe included. Mom will be able to plan and go!
- Finding a place to put everything will be easier than it seems once you’ve read Rhonda Barfield’s creative organizational tips you haven’t thought of.
- Meaningful gifts can be produced from learning how to make and use an affordable knitting loom—complete with detailed instructions and photos by Sharon White.
- Molly shows us how coupon books make giving better than receiving.
- With Molly’s help, kids can turn simple crafts into fun holiday decorations including some that add color and even great aroma.
- Capture those holiday memories for years to come with safe-keeping tips and recommendations from Heidi Nail.
- Take baby steps toward better health in the coming year with Rhonda Barfield’s ideas on healthy eating and exercise—you can even start now!
- Molly shares a treasure chest of free printables that will make life easier.
- Did you know that gingerbread can affect your budget? Molly and Midge tell you how.
- Use Sarah Dugger’s relaxation techniques to change one thing this month and pamper yourself!
- Enjoy Molly’s Christmas quotes and share them on your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest pages.
For our readers’ convenience, a black & white printer-friendly version of the entire Molly Green Magazine is included at the end of each issue, confirming Molly’s commitment to promoting a frugal lifestyle.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Makes Merry
Don’t let “stress relievers” top your shopping list this holiday season.
The most wonderful time of the year is often not so wonderful. Decorating, gift and grocery lists, shopping, cleaning, menu planning, traffic, parties, plays, baking, wrapping, volunteering, house guests, long lines, cooking, late nights, visiting, and a drained budget can lead to wishing for the season’s end! We all know this is not what the season is about, yet it is easy for it to turn into chaos, turmoil, and even produce grumpy attitudes.
Molly and friends are here to help reduce your holiday woes using a smart approach and strategic planning. The November issue of Molly Magazine is like a Christmas stocking filled to the brim with frugal ways to save on decorating, festive meals, and gift selections. And in the midst of the commercial side of Christmas, you’ll be blessed with sure ways to help stay focused on Christ. Rather than a stressful holiday, may you glean peace and the spirit of the season as you selectively choose which ideas you’d like to incorporate into planning your family’s holidays.
- Love peanut butter? Top your next grocery list with a big jar of this comforting favorite in November—Peanut Butter Lovers month. Alayna Cann tips us off on this and other events to add to our calendar.
- Use your hamburger budget to bake a roast to remember. Patricia Hunter tells and shows you how.
- Breakfast will be your favorite meal this month when you see Molly’s recipes.
- Company’s coming for a stay? Don’t fret just yet. Molly will help turn your home into a sweet hotel.
- You love going to holiday parties, but hosting one is a different story . . . Rhonda Barfield teaches you how to relax and think creatively.
- There’s a strategy to planning the holidays? Yes, says Candy Foote. She shares her ideas about decorating, holiday feasts, and gift-giving.
- Need help ensuring Christ is the center of your holidays? Candy Foote provides the strategy that truly makes Jesus the reason for the season.
- Recycling becomes fun and frugal at Christmas when you incorporate Molly’s finds.
- Alternatives to store bought gifts can become treasured possessions—find out how from Rhonda Barfield.
- Would rock-bottom prices help your grocery budget? Then be sure to get snippy with Molly. She tells you how and when!
- Buying for teachers, neighbors, and friends can bump up the spending during the holidays. Susanne, the Hillbilly Housewife, solves the problem with creative crafting.
- Walking through the malls and superstores can make you focus on your hurting feet. Give those tootsies the treatment they deserve. Molly tells you how.
- Hear what Molly and Midge have to say about those after-Thanksgiving sales.
- What a better time to emulate Jesus in service to others? Sarah Dugger serves us up some great ideas.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly’s Full of Beans
Learn everything you didn’t know about this magical fruit called beans.
Did you know that technically and botanically beans are a fruit, even though we use them as a vegetable and call them a legume? Would you like to add more bean recipes to your menus? Have you ever decorated your home using beans? Want to add nutrition to your meals and save money at the save time? Using beans as a food or a decoration is a kind way to deal with the shrinking budgets we’re all facing these days. The October issue of Molly Magazine will provide you with lots of fun ideas and tasty projects to introduce to your family this fall – using everything from dried beans to jelly beans to coffee beans. So join us for a toot of a time this month as we explore the world of beans!
- Molly’s “bean” theme this month is just in time for National Vegetarian Month and International Frugal Fun Day – see our calendar of events and find the articles that will help you celebrate.
- You’ll smell the beans cooking as you digest all the bean recipes offered this month.
- Fall is a fun time to decorate your home. Use various types of beans to make a wreath, turn cupcakes into corn-on-cob, frame a picture, and more!
- Store those beans properly for a longer shelf life. There’s a right way to cook them too! Patricia Hunter tells you all about it.
- Follow step-by-step instructions for making a Wonderbag? Wondering what a Wonderbag is? Hint: It will help you cut hours off of cooking time. Sharon White shares this art form that helps the environment.
- No more sneaking leftovers into your meals . . . learn to do leftovers on purpose with help from Candy Foote.
- Embrace the Martha Stewart Syndrome with Kimberly Pharris as the crisp fall weather entices you to clean, organize, and bake.
- Do your kids enjoy art projects? How about beans? Shannon Reilly combines the two for a lesson that includes fun as she explains how for kids to create their own mosaic art piece.
- Sprouting is not a lost technique. Molly shows you how to do it and the best ways to use sprouts – no fancy equipment needed!
- Does organizing photos and other keepsake items drive you crazy? Molly has found a fantastic, fun, and free way to do it.
- There’s a connection between beans and contentment – Rhonda Barfield tells how she discovered it.
- Sarah Dugger shares a trick for power-packing foods you already make using . . . you guessed it—BEANS!
- Don’t like coffee as a drink? Try Midge’s recipe for Espresso Café Brownies—yum!
- Alayna Cann reminds us of things to do in October—including replacing those ever-important smoke detectors!
See why homemakers love Molly Green Magazine—see what’s inside!
Molly Green Magazine: The Well-Prepared Pantry
Transform it into a safe, well-organized, clean, and purposeful part of your home. Have you ever gotten lost in your pantry . . . not able to find what you need right now?
Maybe it was on the wrong shelf, or worse, it wasn’t there at all! You want to try a new recipe and a basic ingredient that you thought you replenished but didn’t is blocking your plans for a surprise dinner menu. Ever discover an expired canned good or boxed staple? Is the problem disorganization, a tight budget, or lack of creative ideas for making your pantry fun and purposeful? You’re on the right track as Molly shares amazing ways to have a pantry to be proud of and that will serve you and your family well every day of the week! And that’s not all—here’s a hint of all that’s in store when you read the September issue of Molly Green Magazine.
- Nutrition is more important than ever with all the processed foods on the grocery shelves these days. Learn how to utilize your garden or someone else’s to replenish your pantry with better selections during National Nutrition Week.
- September is a great month to think about fall décor and planting spring bulbs. Check out the list from Alayna Cann of other surprises on the calendar for this change-of-season month.
- Ever enjoy Eggs Benedict at a nice restaurant? Add this recipe from Patricia Hunter to your recipe box and make it at home using basics from your pantry.
- Food Co-ops are helping people stock their pantries and put food on their tables at a better price. Inger Koppenhaver helps you take baby steps through the bulk-buying process that can otherwise be intimidating.
- Leftovers will be something you and your family look forward to when you incorporate the tips Rhonda Barfield has outlined.
- Money is no object when you take Jennifer Opsahl’s advice and use her dollar store ideas for decorating and organizing.
- Save space and your sanity with Sharon White’s food can rotator – you won’t believe how she makes it!
- What could be better than free food? Get the inside scoop on how and where to find it.
- Discover pleasure and purpose in filling your pantry with Candy Foote’s strategic shopping plan—it even includes free items!
- Molly shares sensible ways and reasons for stockpiling your pantry.
- Turn play into a profitable business like Emily and Rebekah Sather did after finding inspiration on a road trip. It could help fund the transformation of your pantry.
- Make a trip to your garden when you want a gift for a friend or family member—Emilee Gettle tells you all about how she does it.
- Safety should be a priority when we store dry or frozen foods. Molly tells us how! She shares a favorite cookbook that gives us more for less, and . . . you won’t believe all that Molly and Midge know about apples!
- Your pantry will never be so clean and organized once you’ve “changed one thing” with Sarah Dugger.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Had a Little Hobby Farm
Ever Considered Farming as a Hobby? Enjoy some country livin’ even if you don’t have a farm!
Did you ever visit relatives or friends who lived on a farm when you were a child? Chances are you have some fond memories of those visits. Maybe you even lived on one yourself or do so today. One of the new trends in farming is to own or manage a Hobby Farm. That’s a small farm that is not a source of primary income, but rather a way to provide a country lifestyle without the expense and dawn ‘til dusk labor. Usually the owner or manager (often a family) of a Hobby Farm enjoys several acres of land where they raise a small number of animals and grow food for the animals and themselves. They may raise chickens and sell the eggs.
The August Molly Magazine will help you recall your favorite farm experiences and lend to trying out some new ones—even if you live in the city. Maybe you will be inspired to own or manage a Hobby Farm yourself!
- Get out your old cast iron skillet and learn how to use it again. Molly teaches you how to clean, season, store, and cook in it properly. Don’t have one? Ask an older member of your family or go to a flea market, peddler’s mall, or estate auction.
- Mark your calendar with upcoming special days and events for August. National Kids Day and Best Friend’s Day occur this month. And in spite of the hot August weather, it’s time to blanket your water heater!
- Learn how to save money by saving seeds for next year’s garden. Laura Williams shares great ideas on how to choose the right seeds, and how to dry and store them.
- Use your crock pot to make an imitation rotisserie chicken dinner for your family and at a fraction of the cost. While it’s cookin’, learn farmhouse decorating on a dime.
- Turn a pair of old jeans into a handy tote that will help keep you organized and supplied with everything you need for those odd jobs. Sharon White shares step-by-step instructions complete with photos.
- Walk through a Hobby Farm with Betsy Chastain as she takes you on a personal tour of how her family enjoys a country lifestyle. Complete with guidelines and pictures.
- Be amazed at the entrepreneurship of Terren Jace Thomas as he shares the business sense that helped him develop a new product to make teen drivers safer as well as others on the road.
- Grow your own salad from now through fall with Emilee Gettle as your guide.
- Care for your skin with Molly’s tips on making homemade soaps and lotions.
- Replace your lawnmower with a grass-eating animal—or at least read about how Linda Hadley did it!
- Cook like a pioneer woman when you purchase the cookbook Molly recommends this month.
- Put on your flip flops as you read about Midge’s first country life experience and how she set a personal record running in flip flops. And Molly encourages Midge to continue to implement country lifestyle choices.
- Do your August shopping with Sarah Dugger’s shopping guide in hand.
Molly Green Magazine: Christmas in July
Too early to think “Christmas”? Plan now and enjoy a relaxed, joyous holiday season!
Ready or not, Christmas will be here in just five months. Might as well be ready. This month’s issue of Molly Green Magazine will get you started and have you singing Christmas Carols on the Fourth of July! There’s rarely time to shop once Thanksgiving arrives, let alone make handmade gifts and home-baked goodies. Molly will help you get underway with both before the summer is over. And planning ahead will accomplish one of Molly’s favorite things – saving money – by spreading out the dough you spend on food, gifts, and other Christmas activities over the months leading up to the holiday. So don your Christmas apparel and prepare to have the most relaxed, on-budget, enjoyable Christmas you’ve ever had. Read through this list of ideas that is sure to make your Christmas merry and bright!
- Add our cookie recipes to your file and learn all about freezing homemade cookies so they’ll be ready when you are.
- Implement Molly’s tips on how to keep Christ the center of your Christmas every year in spite of the busyness of the season.
- Think about using Molly’s couponing techniques for helping others during the holidays—or any time.
- Try out some new summer recipes that will help keep you cool. They’re so easy you’ll have time to start on those Christmas projects.
- Let us teach you how to make a no-sew blanket that will warm someone on your Christmas list!
- Recycle old CDs and turn them into an elegant gift for that classy person you’d love to make smile this Christmas.
- Fill your creative mind with ideas for filling a gift basket that will please a whole family.
- Use our salt dough recipe to get your kids in the Christmas spirit this July, and have some new ornaments for your tree come December..
- Learn how to use the handy time-saving Internet tool, Pinterest, to help you keep track of all the ideas Molly has for you this month and use it to find many more.
- Chuckle as you read about Molly’s top ten kitchen disasters that you will want to avoid—especially during the holidays!
- Grab hold of the concept of tackling the Christmas holiday one bite at a time—no gulping it down and choking on it this Christmas!
- Memorize some quotes you can use to remind yourself that’s it’s possible to enjoy the holidays when you plan ahead.
Molly Green Magazine: Let’s Head Outdoors
Frugal tips for summer fun – start planning now. Looking forward to the summer months? This month’s issue of Molly Green Magazine will help you think “summer” before June 20 rolls around. Whether you’re planning a wedding, growing a garden, or considering what to do on your vacation, you’ll find interesting and helpful information within the pages of June’s Molly Green Magazine. Learn how to develop creativity in your own backyard and dare to try a new recipe on the grill. You’re going to be amazed at all the fun you can have this summer without blowing your budget. Read these hints to find out what Molly has in store for you in this month’s magazine:
- Learn about the available varieties of leafy greens and transform them into scrumptious salads and side dishes.
- Update your calendar with upcoming special days and events for June that you may want to celebrate.
- Contemplate quality memories of your outdoor summer fun using photography tips that even amateurs won’t be afraid to try.
- Be clued in on the most important tool for any gardener and learn how to use it to your advantage.
- Check out all the ways to set a simple and pretty outdoor table complete with easy decorations.
- Obtain the instructions you’ll need to grill up an exotic meal that’s quick, easy, and inexpensive.
- Let us share creative decorating ideas for your outdoor space—from a rain gutter garden to an outdoor chandelier—that are sure to spark ideas of your own.
- Ward off those pesky bugs with a natural inspect repellant that you made yourself!
- When you read one woman’s story about “staycation” memories, you may never take a leave-home vacation again!
- Try out our yummy recipes for kids—they’re fun and easy so the kids can help.
- Make pretty party pennants that will liven any backyard gathering.
- Don’t miss Molly’s tips on how to have a happier camping trip with Fido.
- For those who are hearing wedding bells in the near future, take advantage of our 12-week wedding planner to get you started right.
- Midge shares her most embarrassing camping moments and her favorite campfire recipes.
- Learn why gas prices fluctuate and how to take frugal road trips in spite of high prices.
- Add six new fun ideas to your list for your family’s “vacation-in” experience.
Molly Green Magazine: A Light Heart in Dark Times
Let there be light! In case of emergency, apply faith and frugality.
Are you dealing with a job loss, illness, or worse—or just want to be prepared for challenging times? In the midst of a troubled economy, most families need all the advice they can get about living frugally and doing more with less. This month’s issue of Molly Green Magazine can help you make the most of limited resources and find inspiration in the triumphs of other moms who have created beauty from ashes. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find in the magazine this month:
- Read how a military wife coped with her husband’s unexpected medical discharge—and how she took action.
- Be prepared for emergencies by packing a bag full of essentials for each family member.
- Try three quick, easy, and frugal meals that are great for families navigating challenging waters.
- Find out how winter clothes on clearance can be transformed into frugal summer clothes.
- Read how one couple has faced the financial challenges of chronic illness.
- Consider the benefits of bulk cooking and the different methods of streamlining your meal preparation.
- Follow along as Molly teaches cousin Midge all about creating a well-stocked pantry.
- Teach your children what they need to know about calling 9-1-1.
- Better prepare your family for emergencies, one month at a time.
- Embroider a simple Scripture sampler to bolster your spirits in tough times.
- Learn all about making beautiful and inexpensive tea sandwiches for your next gathering.
- Discover how just one small, inexpensive décor change can change the way you feel about an entire room.
- Find out which home remedies may be able to help your pet in times of illness.
- Explore the hobby of geocaching, a frugal and fun activity for the whole family.
Molly Green Magazine: The Coupon Craze: Chaos or Common Cents?
Snip & Save! Molly makes cents of the coupon craze!
Does couponing seem too complicated? Or are you intrigued by stories of astounding savings at the cash register? Whether you want to go “extreme” or just save some money here and there, Molly Green Magazine can help. This month, our revamped and expanded magazine gives you couponing tips, but it doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
- Benefit from our failed experiments in coupon organization—and what finally worked.
- If you’re crafty, make your own coupon organizer.
- Explain couponing to your children in terms they’ll understand.
- Find room for your grocery stockpile, even in a smaller home.
- Listen in as Molly helps her hapless cousin Midge with couponing.
- Take the Molly Green Coupon Challenge!
- Learn how to cook the perfect hard-boiled egg.
- Get the scoop on easy ways to save money around the house.
- Make your own “spa” products for less.
- Feed your family cheaply when rotisserie chicken is on sale.
- If you have furry friends to feed, save on their food, too.
- Is your nest newly empty? Get advice on continuing to live frugally.
- Find out how to save money by shopping at warehouse stores.
- Start saving your great ideas—and your friends’—on Pinterest.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves While Keeping Healthy
Molly greets the new year with tips for frugal fitness!
Want to make a commitment to a healthier lifestyle this year? This Money-Saving Digest features recipes, workouts, and other tips for the journey to fitness, whether you’re just starting out or have reached your goal and want to maintain it. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
- Break out of the winter doldrums with our flavorful Meal of the Month.
- Teach your kids how to keep track of their money.
- Keep your lips luscious this winter with homemade remedies.
- Find out about a financial book that will inspire you.
- Learn how to stretch the time between grocery shopping trips.
This issue’s special feature is:
Molly Saves! While Keeping Healthy and Fit
You don’t need fancy equipment or a gym membership to make your way to better health. Making small changes in your everyday habits and using items you have around the house can give you a frugal fresh start toward fitness. You’re busy with your family and your work, whether inside or outside the home, but making time for health is one of the most important things you can do for the people you love. This month’s Digest gives you a head-start on the road to a healthier body.
- Find out everything you need to know about smoothies.
- Learn where to look for frugal and fit recipes on the web.
- Download patterns for making your own exercise clothes.
- Let Eleanor Joyce inspire you to make some simple changes this year.
- Discover some small ways to increase your activity every day.
- Short on time? You can squeeze in this 12-minute workout.
- Start a healthy new habit this month.
- Get some great ideas for sneaking vegetables into your family’s food.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Office
Crack the whip in your office space and organize the clutter! Save on everything from office décor to groceries with Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves in the Office. This issue is jam-packed with advice for home and family: repurposed projects, teaching kids responsibility, creative cooking, spending wisely, taking care of yourself, and encouraging one another.
Do you find yourself spending a lot of time looking for important paperwork or those coupons that are about to expire? Whether your office is an entire room or just an expandable file, this Digest can help. Getting organized doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult, and once you do it, you’ll wonder how you ever managed before!
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Bedroom
Let Molly help you save as you feather your nest with comfort for peaceful slumbers. But this issue of Molly’s Money-Saving Digest doesn’t stop at the bedroom door. It’s chock-full of advice for home and family: repurposed projects; nutritious food for family members, including the furry ones; financial teaching for kids; organization and décor; and much more!
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Outdoors
Break new ground this spring! Great ideas are blooming in Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Molly Saves in the Outdoors, from gardening tips to outdoor décor.
But this Digest deals with more than just the greenery in your yard; it’s chock-full of advice to help you have more green stuff in your wallet, too. You’ll find repurposed projects, nutritious and frugal food, financial teaching for kids; and much more!
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves on the Go
Get your motor running! Ease on down the road with tips for family travel in Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves on the Go and take a detour around the usual stress and expense.
Even if a road trip isn’t on your horizon, you’ll find plenty useful advice this month, including frugal projects, nutritious food, financial teaching for kids, and much more!
Are we there yet? Molly can help you arrive at your destination with more of your sanity and wallet intact. Loading up on junk food at every stop. Boredom wafting from the back seat. Squabbles resulting from said boredom. Does this sound all too familiar? Stop trouble in its tracks and make your car trip more enjoyable for everyone with the advice in this month’s Digest.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Garage and Shed
Shift your organizational skills into overdrive! Clear out the clutter and put the car back where it belongs: in the garage!
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves in the Garage and Shed helps you get those outdoor “rooms”-the shed and the garage-in order. You don’t have a garage? These tips can help you organize any space where clutter has taken over. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Kitchen
Kick your kitchen up a notch! Follow our recipe to keep the heart of your home beating efficiently!
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Molly Saves in the Kitchen helps you get a handle on the busiest room in your home: your kitchen! From keeping track of recipes to cutting the time you spend cooking, this issue has practical advice for moms on a budget. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly’s 3 R’s: Molly Saves in the Nursery
Get sweet dreams for a song! It’s lullabies and good buys in Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Molly Saves In the Nursery! Outfit a nursery for less, welcome babies with handmade gifts, and celebrate impending motherhood with the ideas you’ll find in this month’s Digest. From diapers to décor, we have it covered. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other useful advice to get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Closet
Be a frugal fashionista! Reduce, reuse, and buy used to save money on clothing without sacrificing style.
In Molly’s Money-Saving Digest -Molly Saves In the Closet, learn how to outfit your family inexpensively, make your own closet organizer, and even turn a spare closet into an office. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Family Room
Focus on the Family! Create a comfortable space and carve out some together time.
In Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves In the Family Room, get some tips on making your family room fun and functional for less! With ideas on furniture, food, and family entertainment, this Digest will help you foster an atmosphere your family will love to come home to. But it doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Dining Room
It’s a feast of frugality! Make your dining room a more appetizing space without spending a lot of dough!
Transforming your dining room doesn’t have to gobble up your budget. In Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves In the Dining Room, learn how you can make your dining space more functional as well as more beautiful-for less! A simple but lovely room can make any dinner seem more special. But the Digest doesn’t stop at the dining table. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Laundry Room
Conquer Mount Washmore! Climb to the top of your laundry heap and raise a victory flag!
This month, Molly helps you tackle that job that never seems to end. From saving on supplies to making your laundry room a space you actually want to be in, Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves In the Laundry Room has this chore in the bag. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Molly Saves in the Powder Room
Perk up your powder room! Get a prettier room and a prettier you, for less!
Wake up to a better bathroom with Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Molly Saves In the Powder Room. Whether your room needs just a tweak or an overhaul, you’ll find help. Satisfied with your décor? We still have suggestions for you: tips for everything from organization to how to save on bathroom essentials. But the Digest doesn’t stop there. You’ll find plenty of other advice to help you get the most out of your money and your time.
Molly Green Magazine: Evaluate, Prioritize and Organize
Are you squeezing 32 hours into a 24-hour day? How often does your money do a disappearing act? Is stuff overflowing your home and hindering your happiness?
Time, money, and belongings—everyone deals with them. Find out how to get a grip on it all.
It’s a brand new year and a perfect time to evaluate just how you’re managing, reassess your life priorities, and put some worthwhile organizational tools in place. Whether it’s time, money, or belongings, learn to evaluate, prioritize, and organize—everything fits into this simple management formula.
Tie on an apron, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to roll (the dough)! Take a glimpse at the features you’ll find in the newest Digest:
Evaluate, Prioritize, Organize: There are three “life currencies” that we all like to have organized—time, money, and belongings. To really organize any of these areas, you’ll need to first evaluate and then prioritize. Use the tools included in this Digest!
Time: Learn to do more with the hours you have. Use a copy of the blank month-at-a-glance calendar page as a simple way to evaluate where your time is being spent. Prioritize your daily to-do list, adjust your schedule, and organize your days and hours to suit you.
Money: Use the tool provided to evaluate just where that money is being spent. Check out the wide selection of free budgeting tools and advice with the links provided. Learning to prioritize is one of the biggest keys to financial stability and progress.
Stuff: It’s the perfect time to re-organize your belongings—especially with all those newly received Christmas items! Does your family have a packrat tendency? Take the month-long challenge! Do you have closets bursting with clothes? The clothing inventory chart could really help!
Molly Green Magazine: Living the Good Life, Frugally
Does your budget need a boost?
What’s for dinner, anyway?
What keeps your abode bright, beautiful, and bouncing along?
Relax, rejuvenate, and get real! Each month take the wonderful opportunity to learn along with Molly (and her special guests and experts), and make the most of your time and money.
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Living the Good Life-Frugally
Do you agree that much of your time is spent serving others in one way or another? While it’s a high calling and privilege to be sure, doing so in love day after day can sometimes be a challenge. That’s our featured topic in this Digest—simple ways to share the love without running ourselves ragged or straining the budget.
Molly Green Magazine: Spring is the Air-Frugal Choices Everywhere
Life is too short (and sweet) to spend it indoors—
Be encouraged that it doesn’t take much money to enjoy life in the great outdoors . . .
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Spring Is in the Air-Frugal Choices Everywhere!
Spring brings us a most wonderful time of the year! You do have a welcoming, colorful, and happy backyard don’t you? If it needs a little work, keep reading!
As the good weather arrives, slip out the door and enjoy the warmth and smells and delights of that fresh spring air—in your own backyard or on your deck, balcony, or porch. You’ll find plenty of ideas for thrifty fun, food, and other “fixins” right here!
Spring is the season of anticipation. Start a few seeds, try a new recipe, make a fresh start, and enjoy every minute. This is a prime season for you as a “keeper at home” to refocus and define your priorities as you realize just how much you can do with what God has given you.
Molly Green Magazine: Homemade Happiness: Frugal Fun and Games
Bring back the joy of homemade treasures—
Enrich your life with simple pleasures.
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Homemade Happiness-Frugal Fun and Games
Let it pour . . .
Gather the whole family indoors for some wholehearted, frugal fun!
Overflowing with thrifty, cheerful inspiration to use in the kitchen, on the workbench, for active learning, and for entertainment!
Actually, it’s not just rainy day activities we’re including in this issue. It’s all about home and family—raising children, cooking, creativity, playing, and loving. High-priority stuff!
Do you . . .
- Have a “get the most for your money” attitude?
- Want to steer the kids toward more homemade, productive play?
- View frugality as a fun, creative, and responsible way to live?
- Like to encourage your children to learn practical household skills?
- Love making things, especially when they come from something that would otherwise be thrown out?
Molly Green Magazine: Centsible Celebrations
Want to enjoy celebrating in style—but not blow your budget?
Do you like to create one-of-a-kind frugal gifts?
Plan NOW for a sensational centsible celebration . . .
Overflowing with cheerful inspiration and ideas for simple giving and thrifty living!
Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter graduation party, wedding, or other event! Centsible celebrations are all about creativity, individuality, and ingenuity—the very qualities that make frugal families thrive! And your festivity won’t have to be expensive!
What about the receiver of your gifts? Tune in to his or her personality and likes to create a custom gift, given from the heart. Molly and friends share some crafty ideas you’re going to love!
Molly Green Magazine: Home Sweet Home Business
Wish you could afford to buy a little bonus or luxury item? How will you make room in your budget?
Molly’s usual focus is on ways to spend less (you’ll find that too), but in this Digest, Molly takes a look at ways to earn more money—from home! Maybe this issue should be called Molly’s Money-Making Digest . . .
Perhaps you will discover your work-at-home dream job!
Which luxury would you like to afford? Or maybe you don’t consider luxuries because you are struggling to simply make ends meet. You know, adding to your budget with a “home business” doesn’t need to be a major undertaking. It could be as simple as starting a resale business tied into your enjoyment of frequenting yard sales.
Molly Green Magazine: Summer Fun From A To Z
Do you know how to be respectably lazy?
“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.”—Sam Deen
To take some time to observe and appreciate the beauty and miracles in creation around us, reconnect with family and friends, and simply enjoy the company of those closest to us?
From a picnic day for someone special in your child’s life to summer sales, great park activities, oven-less recipes, and more, Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Summer Fun From A to Z is superb!
If you love fun—and who doesn’t?—
you will be mesmerized by the information included in this digest!
Does summer fun evade you? Or has your family slipped into seasonal habits that need some refreshing? Are you ready for a little excitement this summer?
Molly Green Magazine: Storing Summer’s Bounty
Store and stock up . . . adding significantly to your savings!
Get the best pick on apples . . . learning a bushel of useful information!
Grow responsible kids . . . employing time management support (with three great forms) to inspire productivity!
Learn along with Molly how to survive and thrive in today’s economy! Open a wealth of homemaker’s delights inside Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Storing Summer’s Bounty: Canning, Freezing, and Dehydrating
Is your garden growing in abundance? What’s your vision for storing summer’s bounty?
Putting up a pantry full of homemade goodness? Stocking a freezer full? What great machine can save you money, makes life convenient, takes little to no effort to use, and is fun? Wipe the dust off that dehydrator!
Is preserving food at home really worth the cost and effort? How can you profit the most from your farmer’s market and apple orchard purchases? Prepare now to store those special tastes of summer to savor during the fall and winter months! Do you love home-canned goodness? Discover Molly’s favorite resources and recipes, and then enjoy a feast of food-preservation strategies and pantry-stocking delights from several seasoned guest authors!
Whether you’re well equipped or curiously new to the methods of storing your bounty of fruits and veggies, you’ll find a delightful collection of articles on a variety of appealing topics. You’ll come away with some new and practical ways to help you save more and enjoy life more.
Molly Green Magazine: Emergency Preparedness
Do you have emergency plans ready and set to go? Kids included?
Would the staples in your pantry feed your hungry household for a week?
How far could you stretch it?
Invest your time wisely! Be ready for the unexpected and inspired by many low- or no-cost supplemental projects inside this essential edition of Molly’s Money-Saving Digest!
This month’s special feature is:
You won’t always know when disaster is headed your way. But you can save your family from needless headaches, harm, and even hunger when you prepare NOW to survive the storm, fire, flood, or calamity that could come.
Are you equipped for an emergency?
It’s not exactly fun to think about—but it’s necessary. Does your family know what to do?
If you make provisions ahead of time, you can relax knowing that your family will have every opportunity to be cared for regardless of the unfortunate scenario.
Savor September and consider setting aside one weekend this month to focus on preparedness and to develop a plan for your family.
Molly Green Magazine: Socks, Suds and Savings
This issue is all about home and family-repurposed projects, raising responsible children, creative cooking, investing wisely, enjoying and appreciating God’s gifts, and encouraging one another.
Put more than crisp clean clothes into your time and money-saving basket!
It’s not just laundry lessons included in Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Socks, Suds, and Savings. It’s all about home and family-repurposed projects, raising responsible children, creative cooking, investing wisely, enjoying and appreciating God’s gifts, and encouraging one another.
Molly Green Magazine: Preparing our Hearts and Homes for the Holidays
Is over-spending something you hope to under-do this year?
Are you always prepared with an impromptu meal for unexpected guests?
Need help with a successful holiday approach?
Steer clear of festive flops and dinner disasters and remember the reason for the season as Molly’s Money-Saving Digest Preparing Our Hearts and Homes for the Holidays helps you stay focused and fulfilled during the often hectic holidays!
This may be a time of the year when energy is low and temptations are high to just pull out the credit card—but wait just a second. By keeping a few perspectives in mind and tackling some preparation projects now, you can enjoy the holidays and avoid throwing your frugal lifestyle out the window!
This month’s feature will help you prepare for the holidays—physically, spiritually, and mentally. A little preparation, forethought, and planning can make it a time of peace and joy as it was intended to be. Molly and her special guests will inspire you with many low- or no-cost ideas and remind you that holiday preparation really begins in your heart.
Molly Green Magazine: Homebound Happiness: Frugal Indoor Fun
Do you desire to make your home a haven of relaxing family fun?
Are you looking for a low-pressure project to stir your creativity into the new year?
Need help finding frugal, fast, and fabulous ways to use up holiday leftovers?
Get ready to enjoy your family like never before. Learn how to bring cozy warmth to your home through family togetherness, low-pressure creative outlets, delicious foods, and peace-filled finances.
Molly Green Magazine: Let’s Get Organized for Fiscal Fitness
Are you feeling the pinch financially? Would you like to economize and find new ways to save a little money this year?
Put Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Let’s Get Organized for Fiscal Fitness in your home survival kit-PLUS make a new friend to help you this year!
Molly Green isn’t a money-saving expert, but she’s a mom just like most of us, trying to learn how to make the most of what she has. She’s helping the typical homemaker to climb out of the doldrums of today’s economy and into the life-saving boat of financial success and survival with her monthly E-Book series: Molly’s Money-Saving Digest!
Learn with Molly how to stretch those pennies, put your talents to work, order your home, and network with friends and neighbors while preserving your family’s true values.
Molly Green Magazine: Gardening Basics and Natural Cleaners
Prepare for springtime and enjoy BIG savings with Molly’s fabulous, fun, and frugal ideas for February!
How much money could you really save this year? Does $1000+ sound doable?
Put fresh ideas into practice and learn some innovative ways of doing things . . . with Molly Green!
Molly’s purpose and passion is to empower and encourage keepers-at-home during this tough economic season. She’s back with a giant edition of Molly’s Money-Saving Digest. If you’re one of the many who enjoyed her other Digest, she’s got a lot up her green, get-ready-for-spring sleeves in this issue, and you’re going to LOVE it!
What about that $1000+ a year, mentioned above? In the chapter “Keeping it all Together,” you’ll learn more about better budgeting and how you can save that amount just by working on changing your budget practices in one category!
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest’s-Gardening Basics and Natural Cleaners
Molly Green Magazine: Making Money from Home
May your heart be light and happy; May your smile be big and wide,
And may your pockets always have a coin or two inside!
~an old Irish toast
It’s time for happy hearts, big smiles, and Molly’s Money-Saving Digest’s-Making Money from Home! This edition of Molly’s Money-Saving Digest is full of new, creative ways to provide for your family’s needs while remaining within your budget-just what you expect from Molly! In this issue she’s rounded up lots of fresh inspiration and information, so don’t miss it!
Molly Green Magazine: Making a Frugal Fresh Start
Swing into spring with a new way to clean . . . And find a niche for everything!
Spring cleaning is a time-honored tradition, but Molly Green and her Money-Saving Digest-Making a Frugal Fresh Start will show you some simple steps to do it in a new way as you spruce things up on a shoestring and organize without spending!
Don’t you love a good yard sale? Learn to shop yard sales like a pro!
The goal of this month’s feature is to suggest ideas to use in three major areas—cleaning, organizing, and food (feeding your family). Start taking incremental steps toward lasting change . . .
Spruce Things Up on a Shoestring: Instead of the typical, go-all-out spring cleaning, a little daily discipline and a few simple routines are all it takes.
Molly Green Magazine: Learning for Life-Your Child’s Education
Can your child earn a bachelor’s degree in high school? Is college overrated? Does your preschooler need a support group? What is homeschooling for Cs?
Whether you homeschool or not, you’ll especially want this real-life learning issue . . . from preschool through high school, college and beyond!
This month Molly includes articles about education which show you what learning looks like in real life and just how enjoyable and natural it can be! You’ll also learn about money-saving ideas for college and make small changes for BIG savings, but there’s a whole lot more!
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest is full of new, creative ways to provide for your family’s needs while remaining within your budget. Molly’s learning how to make the most of what she has, encouraging keepers at home in the midst of our challenging economy.
Molly Green Magazine: Frugal Family Vacations
What kind of vacation can you look forward to on a frugal budget? You’d be surprised!
Rest, relaxation, and adventure don’t have to cost a bundle!
Explore summer fun and vacation ideas plus innovative ways to save, in this edition of . . .
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest -Frugal Family Vacations With a bonus: Molly Interviews the Hillbilly Housewife!
Do your plans for the coming months include some time for rest and relaxation? Even in these days of uncertainty and change, it’s possible for nearly every family to enjoy a vacation, “stay-cation,” or “day-cation.” Discover great vacation ideas –even for those that can’t afford a vacation right now!
This issue is loaded with ideas, tips, recipes, checklists, and more to help you plan for those special family outings —all within your budget! With over 40 pages, there are so many ways to save and a lot to learn!
Molly Green Magazine: Frugal Fashion
You’re on a tight budget and the kids are growing out of their clothes.
What options do you have? Are you a bit challenged in the sewing department, or do you wonder if sewing is really worthwhile?
Don’t miss out on this special, fun issue of . . . Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Frugal Fashion
Check out some great summer saving ideas –updating your wardrobe –looking your best for less –upcycled sewing projects . . .
PLUS there are three special bonus pages included at the end of the digest. If you’ve ever wanted to try sewing, this would be a great place to start!
Molly Green Magazine: Organization for Busy Families
Is your home looking dignified and grand?
How impressive are your organization skills? Start now, and strategize to organize with this motivating issue of . . .
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-Organization for Busy Families
Get your busy family happily organized –buzzing like bees as you start to organizzzzze! Are you ready to tackle the dirty dozen?
Learn how to organize a dozen different aspects of your life and home. From cleaning closets and sorting school papers to making meal planning a breeze, your home will soon be running more smoothly.
Month after money-saving month, Molly presents ideas to help families economize as she shares practical tips, delicious recipes, and helpful interviews with experts. Guest author Martha Greene (Marmee), provides pages of tips and recipes for make-ahead mixes that will save you time and money.
Molly Green Magazine: Frugal Decorating
Is your home a beautiful, cozy nest and shelter?
Start weaving your own attractive love- and dream-filled nesting place!
Make your home and décor a pleasing, personal, frugal reflection of you—with Molly’s help.
“A lovingly decorated home is not about high price tags, debt, or keeping a set of design rules. It’s about pulling together pieces that work for your family, at a price you can afford, in a way that makes you smile . . .”
There’s so much packed into this special issue—ideas to express creativity and enjoy beauty; inspiration for daily living; and gentle wisdom and encouragement shared by real, contemporary families. Check out the fabulously frugal topics you’ll find in Molly’s
Molly Green Magazine: What Can We Learn From the Great Depression
You’re not afraid of the big bad wolf are you?
During the time of the Great Depression many people closely identified with the story of the Three Little Pigs. Today, many are comparing that time period with the economic downturn of the present day. Regardless of how accurate the comparison is . . .
“This really is a season of opportunity to re-think our resources and re-evaluate our needs, repair what we can, and rejoice in all that we’ve been given.”
Molly’s Money-Saving Digest-What Can We Learn From the Great Depression? explores the resourcefulness and ingenuity that are still alive and well today.
There’s a lot packed into this special issue—practical and creative ideas inspired by stories of the Great Depression era, smart money-saving opportunities to try, and a whole lot more . . .
Molly Green Magazine: Family Photography
Photo Treasures— Don’t you love to look back on those memories?
With today’s digital camera capabilities, we have awesome opportunities to snap those perfect shots of our own families, and often we do—only to have them sit for years—unused or lost somewhere in computer limbo. It’s time to do something about it!
Smile BIG now . . . this issue’s special feature is: Family Photography
Whether you long for new ideas for feasting, frolicking, or festooning during the coming months, Molly offers help and insight through this fun and fascinating issue. Keep your camera handy though, and get ready to seize and snap those unforgettable moments.
This month’s Molly’s Digest explores the delights and “how to” of taking great, stress-free family photos and putting them to creative good use, plus a seasonal bouquet of frugal topics for your enjoyment.
Molly Green Magazine: Comfort and Joy for Christmas
With so much to do and less than a month to get it all done, this Molly’s Money-Saving Digest E-Book shows you exactly how to get those loose ends all wrapped up—in December, or any time of the year!
Get excited about giving to others! Make some spectacular gifts yourself quickly and easily. Enjoy phenomenal tips to keep the holiday season stress-free right into January as you put Molly’s ideas to good use! Return to the Digest to use them all year long.
Tucked neatly within the pages of Molly’s Digest, you’ll find truly unique, money-saving gifts to warm aching muscles or provide emergency light, bringing your thoughtfulness to mind long after Christmas. Gifts to reach the heart through taste buds—from dessert to bread and snacks, or cleaning recipes you and your gift recipients will appreciate!
As everyone thinks Christmas, Molly reminds you of many other special dates in December. You can add Eat a Red Apple Day, Mitten Tree Day, International Children’s Day and more to your calendar this month. Even your dates for party preparation with Bake Cookies Day and caroling are covered, as well as special days for activities following Christmas.
Monthly Feature – “Comfort and Joy for Christmas” will be exactly what your family feels when you simplify and minimize. Be courageous this Christmas and eliminate obligation and guilt, consider family gift-giving, agreeing to end gift exchanges or to make homemade gifts—Molly tells you how! Enjoy comfort and joy all year long as you put these ideas to continued good use in your gift giving.